Wednesday, September 28, 2005

In a flurry of posting...

As most of you know, I lived in Utah for quite a while when I was young. I returned to Provo to attend Brigham Young University, and was not impressed. I believe part of the problem was living in Provo, the Mormon Meat Market. Salt Lake City is an entirely different animal. My wife is horrified that I'd ever consider it, but I find myself drawn back there for quite a few reasons. Many of those reasons involve being outside, but there are other reasons. The mayor is good start. I'm not the biggest fan of the democratic party, and point out many of its failings as reasons that we need more than two parties. Mayor Ross C. Anderson gives me some hope for party, he actually has a spine. He's not too popular outside of Salt Lake City, but has done many things that the people there appreciate.

A short list:

Demonstrating during a visit of George Bush
Disbanding DARE and pushing for a program that works
Extending health care benefits to domestic partners of city workers

I like this guy.

10 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger sweetviolet said...

c'moooooonnnnnnnnnuuuuuhhhhhh.
there are liberal outdoorsy places with no infestation problems.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger WunEyedDog said...

The infestation makes it more fun. There's lots of people to pick fights with.

Climbing magazine named SLC as the best place to live in the US for climbing and other outdoor activities. Not to mention that Outside had it #1 place to live too.

So there.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Maddie said...

What a great idea, I think I'll move there too! I enjoy being saturated in absolute irritation on a daily basis.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger WunEyedDog said...

I would move there to be a constant source of irritation.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Maddie said...

Utah county frightens me.

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger WunEyedDog said...

Are you from the area? I lived in Utah until I was 14

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Maddie said...

No, I have always lived in California. My parents moved to Utah eight years ago. I love to spend time my family but I dread Deseret.

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger WunEyedDog said...

I miss CA. That's where i was born and I have always yearned to go back. Hell, I miss UT sometimes. Living in the south has really changed my mind about Deseret. I do really want to spend some time there again, as an adult with no restrictions. Get a real opinion of it.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Maddie said...

I love California. Every time I step off a plane in Oakland I feel like kissing the dirty ground. I've had some bad experiences in Utah.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger WunEyedDog said...

Somehow, I'm not surprised. BYU was a wonderfully horrible experience for me. Good growing experience, but something that was better to have done than be doing. I need to figure out someway to get back out west though, I miss it sooo much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home