Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The same old song and dance

I can definitely say that I've been underwhelmed by the honorable Presidumb's nomination for Supreme Court. Of course, the Rs and the Rs formerly known as Ds rolled over on Roberts, so it's not like he has to worry about opposition. I don't understand how a lack of experience is a desired thing, though. Between the two of them, Bush's two nominates have a whopping one case of judicial experience. You have got to be kidding me. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. This is the f*cking Supreme Court we're talking about. Just because somebody is a polite kept lawyer does not qualify them for the post. Re-damn-diculous. I don't want to be beligerent or anything, but I feel insulted.

The congress will ask her some pointless questions, ignore the answers, and sign her off. Great. I can feel my civil liberties shrinking even faster now.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger WunEyedDog said...

I'm not a big fan of Roberts, and I'm not convinced that he is qualified for the actual task at hand. He is however, eminently qualified to dodge questions and talk PC until he gets the job. At which point he can decide if a poultry worker should get paid to put on an apron.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger WunEyedDog said...

The majority of what? Congressional members bought and paid for by the corporate interests that Roberts has clearly shown himself to be in favor of?

I don't think that he has the judicial experience, plain and simple. He's been a lawyer, and briefly a judge, but I think there needs to be a lot more to him than that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home